Flea Life Cycle
Facts Everyone Should Know!
- While most fleas hat from the pupae with in 4-6 weeks they can lay dormant for up to 12 months. This is one reason why you should treat your pets year round with the prevention.
- Adults can lay 50 eggs per days and all it takes is two fleas to complete the life cycle. From these two fleas the amount of fleas grow exponentially each life cycle that is allowed to progress.
- While the eggs are shed onto your pet they fall of into the environment so this infects your house with the pest.
- The larvae do not feed on your pet or even you they eat the dust and debris that is in every home. They are hardly seen so can not be used as an indicator of a flea problem.
- The adult fleas are the stage that feed off you and your pets. Since you can not protect your self from the bites treat your animals to help protect your home!
Types of Prevention
- Topical (such as Frontline Plus or Advantix)- these are liquids that you apply to your animal between their shoulders once every month.
- Orals (such as Nexgard and Bravecto) - these are chewable tablets which are given either once a month or once every 3 months.
All of the products are perfectly safe for your animals they have been tested thoroughly if they were not safe we would not recommend them!